Tell me something about yourself.
It's one of the typical initial question to start a conversation.
- To know what kind of a person you are.
- As a response to open ended question, you end up giving information which you feel is most important about yourself.
- To judge your priorities in life.
- To check if you believe in yourself and have of thinking.
- To judge your power of expression.
- Safe answer would contain a bit of education, training backgrounds, success stories elaborating your competencies and passion.
- Keep the answer relevant and interesting. Success stories are very handy here.
- Challenge is, what to speak and how much speak. Remember, in the interview you are selling yourself through your success stories.
Let me start with my educational background. i am B.E/B TECH/BSc with specialization in Computer Science. I am passionate about programming and information technology. I like to keep track of new technology like cloud computing, mobile application etc. When I realized during my project/internship that i am better at finding errors in programs quickly, I started studying software quality in more detail. I competed training in software testing and am ISTQB certified. In one of my recent projects, i was responsible for creating test cases. For the project compatibility testing on multiple browsers and hand-held devices was really challenging. I enjoyed doing information research and hand-held devices along with an approach of testing them.
- Interviewer is not expecting your autobiography or education and work history in reverse chronological order.
- Do not make it too long and vague.
- Stick to your success stories and put forth your strength.
- Do not give any information which may backfire later.
- Do not provide any unrelated information which will not contribute to your success.
- You are passionate about the work you have chosen. Examples given by you highlight that
- From a complete open ended question, you can drive the discussion to the relevant point.
- It is interesting to converse with you further.
Please leave you valuable Comments.