- To know if you are seriously thinking of staying long term.
- "I will stay until retire" is a good answer but very hard to believe today.
- You are not expected to give time period in years or months.
- Expectation is what you like and will keep you happily going in the organization.
I am not a person who switches jobs very frequently. I like to do challenging work in technology which will give me pleasure of creating new solutions. I strongly believe that the kind of projects and technology your organization is into, can keep me in high spirits to continue working for longer period.
- Do not say time period like five years etc. without any justification.
- Never say till you get challenging work rests with the employing organization.
- Display the extra commitment can be regarded as falsity.
- Some indirect indication of time would be sweet music for interviewer's ears.